There's a stack of boxes against the wall of my parent's basement. It's 5 boxes high. And there's a pile of clothes in garbage bags at the base.
It's disgusting.
How did I acquire so much crap?!
And the mindset that I need it all, or will someday?!
As soon as I hauled all this into the house I put my backpack on. It's pretty much as small as it comes. I put my new water filter in it, a new moleskine, my raincover, and my camel back. It's nearly all I need.
I'm finally forcing myself to contact people on couchsurf.com Some of them just seem like the most amazing people on earth. They're mostly nomads! Real nomads! Real people really doing what I want to do despite the fact that society says its not possible.
I'm looking around my old room-- mostly because I can only look, it's impossible to walk around, too much crap(!!!)-- and I'm thinking about throwing it all out. If not now, then certainly when I get back. The freedom of a single backpack is absolutely unreal. We're such limitless creatures but we just tie ourselves down in exchange for some sort of security.
It's a terrible trade.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment