Wednesday, May 14, 2008

The Secret of the Chase

I've solved the greatest mystery.
I have so many friends, mostly female, who come to me and say "alright, I'm ready, I'm not always ready, but now I'm situated and ready to meet someone I'd want to date. Someone who'd really interest me."
And, of course, that's not the way it works. Never has been and never will be. If you're looking for it, you'll never find it. Why do you think cupid is depicted with sharp and sudden arrows? Start the search and suddenly all the interesting people you've ever known will disappear. But, turn your back on the notion and embrace your lovely independence and love/attraction will bite you deftly and sorely in the ass. The universe is awfully fun that way. The only thing sexier than confidence is aloofness or, better yet, complete disinterest. Why blow a kiss or wink when you can just yawn? The declaration of "That's it! I'm fed up, I'm done. I'm taking some time for me." is actually the exact entrance cue of someone who will floor you.
But, if you really want to meet someone that you find endlessly and mind-bogglingly intriguing: buy a plane ticket to the other side of the planet and disappear for three months. It doesn't get much more aloof than that.

No comments: