Monday, May 26, 2008

Same Same

This summer I will live presently-- within the moment and not in the past or the future.
There are no goals and no obligations--- and no destinations.
Tomorrow morning, I'm going to get to the airport at 7 am, but my flight is not until 12. The journey has already begun and people watching at the airport for a few hours will be a part of it. The absurdly long, muscle-swelling flight to Taipei will be part of it. Sitting at the BKK airport from 1 am to 5 am while I wait for the buses to run will be part of it. Just as much as walking around Bangkok and any part of Thailand will be part of it.
It's all a continuation of the same journey.
"Same same" as they say in Thailand. (it's Tinglish-- or thai-english)
But I am ready to leave Colorado and the USA.
After all, Edward Norton is trying his hand at an Incredible Hulk film.
Clearly I cannot stay in this country to witness that.

No comments: