Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Sawat-dee!

I've fallen in love before. And sure, it always happens relatively quickly, but its never been as sudden as this. It only took one smile and one bus ride at sunrise and I now I'm head over heels.
Sure, it's still early, literally, and it's still the uncertain giggly flirty stage but, Thailand, I must confess, I love you.
I've already written about 15 poems in my head about this place. It's absolutely indescribable. Poetry is a good medium because I can take it all on in little bits. I'm on Khao San Road right now and that's a world unto itself.
I met many people getting here. All the right people I might add. Shine is from China and translated for me in Taipei and Tak is Thai and taught me numbers and phrases and helped when my one small checked bag got lost--- and is still lost.
oh.
I have to go buy sunscreen now.
I'm completely overwhelmed and pitifully tired. And it's 7 am here.
6 minutes of internet time left and guesthouses still to research.

No comments: