It's not just for Atomic and the thai punks anymore.
First of all, Wendy is the most boisterious, reformed Jewish American Princess you'll ever find. And she's happy to have me around because now we can tell jew jokes and I can pretend to follow yiddish.
so there's alot of Oye veys happening.
Also, Oi came over last night.
Oi is a deaf Burmese refugee with more spunk than a speed addict. Her 50 year old South African fiancee isn't totally sure but they guess she's about 26 or 27. She's invented her own type of sign language which he understands best and can make many of the tonal sounds of thai, her second language.
But absolutely no english. Cultural confusion? You bet.
So when she enters a room of 5 Americans the result is the most hilarious game of charades you've ever seen.
How do you explain to her where Colorado is? Apparently you mime like you're in a wild west movie.
Mexico?
Mime zorro.
She watches tons of movies and was right at home with Ed and I, both film students. She doesn't understand subtitles and thinks all farangs speak the same language, which is kinda true anymore.
But her favorite movies?
Charlie Chaplin.
Makes sense right?
I'm stealing some of Abi's pictures because I'm too lazy/cheap to upload mine.
This is the views in Pai
and again
And this is the miraculous chedi of Wat Doi Suthep. A chedi is thought to hold a "body relic" of buddha. This one miraculously cloned itself from another one in a temple in chiang mai and the king at the time thought, well crap, what do I do with this one? So he put it on a giant elephant and the elephant walked all the way up the mountain, trumped 3 times and died. And that's where the chedi was put.
No comments:
Post a Comment