I never want to have my head above water again.
Marianne convinced me to go on the around-the-island-by-boat snorkeling day trip yesterday. And my life just completely changed. It was one of the best days of my life, bar none. I was the first person in the water, I would leap off before the boat actually stopped and be the very last one back on the boat. Marianne, who doesn't actually like snorkeling or water for that matter, had to yell and wave to get me to swim back to the boat. I never looked up.
Everything from my heels to my neck on my back is completely sunburnt but completely worth it. I didn't realize how bad until me and the two german boys got in in our heads to take running leap jumps off a limestone cliff into a bay. When my butt hit the water it felt like Poseidon slapped me with all his fury. Ow.
I'm actually typing this from the Scuba Dive center that I'm going to study with in a couple days. I'm going to do my Open Water Certification and Advanced Certification (including night diving!). I love it. It was amazing to see things you never actually think you'll see: anenomes and clown fish, queen angels, blue tangs, huge fish, brain coral and sharks. Yes, sharks. I swam with sharks-- small ones, but sharks no less. In the most blissfully warm clear water.
By about the 5th stop on the boat I was calculating what my life would be like if I became a scuba instructor living in paradise. I don't have enough time here on the island before my flight to do that course, but man is it tempting! Someday, maybe, someday.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment