Thursday, July 10, 2008

Invasive Species

I think I'm more comfortable in the water than outside it at this point.
Sure, I woke up at 4 am the night before my first 2 ocean dives in a cold sweat-- absolutely terrified. But I forced myself back to sleep, then up again at 6:30 to go dive, and LOVED it.
The on thing that's lame about the diving? The ONE thing? Putting on the gear outside the water. But once you're in, you're happy as a clam (pun intended) and it's hard-- literally to get out.
And yea, I had a bit of a panic during the full-flooded mask clear skill test, at 12 meters-- but my instructor held me to the sandy bottom and kept me from swimming with all my might to the top until I realized, oh hey, I CAN breathe.
I passed my written test and after two deeper dives tomorrow morning I will officially be an invasive species in the ocean.
Now I just have to decide: more diving and going on to the advanced courses or going on to another island, Ko Phangnan?
It's all too good.

No comments: