I woke up to thrashing waves beneath my bungalow last night and stayed awake just to enjoy the sound. There's a bit of a storm passing over these past few days and it marked the time to move on. After all, I spent all of yesterday relaxing on axe pillows finishing the crazy book I was reading. The second I put it back on the shelf, the all too attractive german, Pablo (???) said to me "Ahhh are you finished with that one now?" And I said yes and he said "Excellent, I've been waiting to give you this one, I believe you will love it as I did." And he thumped the nearly 1000 page novel Shantarm on the teak table. "It's a true story. Adventure, travel and the best love story I've ever heard. I cried when I finished it because I missed the characters so much" I'm already 125 pages in and more than willing to lug it around with me. And I bought a hot pink hammock for 6 bucks-- the most comfortable hammocks in the world come from South Thailand, I'm convinced.
Turns out the 4X4 offroad taxi is much preferable method of leaving the guest house than the 4 km hike over the mountain. Offroad adventure? Only 50 bhat! Nice.
I'm signed in to Sunshine Dive School on Ko Tao and will be spending the rainy afternoon watching the required training DVDs and reading my manual. I may only do the 4 day course because I want to see how I like it and I'm suddenly in count down mode. My trip is running out and I'm sad when I think about it. And a little anxious about the fact that I actually have to be in Bangkok at a certain time to catch a plane. Ugh Schedules-- how foreign!
But there's still alot of unraveling maybes. Ko Phagnan? Maybe. Krabi? Maybe, but doubtful because of the weather at this time of the year on that side of the pennisula. Ko Sahk? Aryuddha? Maybe Maybe Maybe
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment